LaraOffice helps you to manage costs you can set project budgets, record expenses and track timesheets against the project and tasks. If you’re charging a customer for your work, you have the flexibility to charge fixed amounts as work is completed and/or set time-based billable rates. Hourly rates can be set for each team member.
Projects page consists of two features,
These provide a general overview of the Project status for a business.
Projects summary is of two types,
The above types provides the information below:
Total Client Projects: Total number of Client Projects.
Medium Priority: Medium Priority projects.
High Priority: High Priority projects.
Urgent Priority: Urgent Priority projects.
By clicking on Medium Priority Projects, all the Medium Priority Projects are filtered. Similarly for remaining High, Urgent Projects respectively.
1.1 Progress type summary:
This summary gives the data in figures ( currency ) and Projects count.
These can again be filtered based on currency ( like USD, INR, Dinar etc). This allows fetching of all the Projects either medium, high or urgent with that particular currency.
1.2 Circle type summary:
This summary gives the data in percentage ( Projects ) and the amount of all the Projects.
2. Projects Filter:
Projects filter allows us to filter the projects by entering the required type in the fields.
These fields are,
2.1 Date: These are the options available in the date filter.
2.1.4 Last 7 days
2.1.5 Last 30 days
2.1.6 This Month
2.1.7 Last Month
2.1.8 This Year
2.1.9 Last Year
2.1.10 All time
2.1.11 Custom Range – Specific dates can be given.
2.2 Type: These are of 3 types.
2.2.1 Created date
2.2.2 Projects start date
2.2.3 Projects due date
2.3 Priority: This shows the Project priorities of the below status types.
2.4 Currency: Filters based on Currency.
2.5 Status: Project status are created in the Project status module and these will be reflected on the project creation page.
2.5.2 Not Started
2.5.3 On Hold
2.5.5 In Progress
Projects List page:
On the projects list page you’ll see a table with the columns below;
- Title: Project title/name
- Client: The name of the client
- Assigned To: Team members attached to the project
- Start date: Date of the Project created.
- Due Date: The date the Project is due.
- Status: Project Status
Create a New Project:
To create a new project, go to the Projects –>Client Projects–>Add new project.
The form contains:
- Title: Project title/name
- Client: Select the relevant client from the client list.
- Priority: Project Priority.
- Billing type: There are three billing types and each one is explained below;
- Task Hours
- Project Hours
- Fixed Price
- Estimated Hours: Approximate estimation on how time the project needs to be completed.
- Phase: This allows the admin to divide a huge project into parts.
- Progress from tasks: Select Yes/No for progress.
- Start Date: The date when the project is created or the date when the project needs to be started.
- Due Date: Final date of the projected to be submitted or completed.
- Status: State of the project that is started /on hold/overdue/not started/in progress.
- Demo URL: Giving a URL that gives a rough idea of how the project outcome should be or how the project should be done.
- Assigned To: Assigning more than one member to the project creating a team to work on the project.
- Visible Tabs: The Tabs that are visible to the client are not.
- Description: Summary/Long description of the project.
The ‘+‘ icon symbol beside some fields allows you to directly add the particular’s through a Pop-up menu to their respective modules to add directly from here to those respective modules.
Your Client will be billed based on the Tasks that are assigned to the Project. It doesn’t matter who tracked the time, only the Task Rate is being taken into consideration. This method is really useful if you charge different rates for different Tasks regardless of who did the work.
It doesn’t matter who tracked the time, or which Task was chosen, your Client will always be billed at one consistent rate for that Project.
It doesn’t matter how many hours were logged, the Project will always be billed at the Fixed Project Amount. You set the Fixed Project Amount from the Edit Project screen.
In this page, we can monitor and manage all the project details, task status and its progress, task total hours and expenses details.
All the tasks related to the project are listed here with a few details of the tasks. The complete details of the tasks such as status, start date, end date, and other details can be viewed by clicking on the View button.
After the Task is created, a link to Start timer given, to start the Task. Once the Start timer link is accessed, task time gets started and it is reflected in the Time Entries tab. Once the task is done or terminated there is an option to stop the timer for that particular task only.
- To enter time manually click on Time Entry button.
- Select a task from the drop down list.
- Enter start and end time of the task.
- Select a person to whom the task is to be assigned.
- Enter time entry description.
Click Save when completed.
Milestones are a sequence of events that finally end in completion of the project. Milestones are tasks with Zero time duration. Milestones are created to manage and monitor the progress of a project.
Files like Documents, Images, PDF’s, Excel, etc regarding the project are attached here.
A platform is provided to have a Discussion between Clients, Team Members who are assigned to a particular project regarding the progress, issues, and needs of the project.
These are raised by Clients/Assigned members to solve the issue. They are placed in the respective categories and closed based on the priority of the ticket.
All the invoices of the project are displayed automatically in this tab.
In Laraoffice CRM, all the team can track their time entries for the Projects they are assigned to. These Projects are assigned to individual employees, and you can Invoice your Clients easily based on that tracked time by generating an Invoice with time entries on it based on billing type.
- To generate an invoice.
- Click on Sales.
- Click Invoice Project to start invoicing your project.
- Select Invoice data type.
- All the billed tasks will be marked as finished.
- If there are unbilled expenses, they will be listed to add/selection to invoice project.
Click Save to generate invoice project. These Invoice Projects are also shown in Invoices Module.
A project can be invoiced in three forms
Single line invoicing: In this format, only the project name and total amount for the project is taken into consideration. It contains Project name, All tasks + total logged time per task. This cannot be applied if the project Billing Type is Task Hours.
Task per hour invoicing: All billable tasks per item are taken into consideration. This invoice contains
Project name + Task name along with Total logged time. This format is not applied if the Billing type is Fixed Cost.
All timesheets individually invoicing: In this type invoicing every event of the project are considered to be billed. Project name + Task name and Timesheet start time + end time + total logged time. This format is not applied if Billing type is Fixed Cost
Are you billing a client directly for an expense? To bill an expense, then click on Add new and create an expense invoice for the client by selecting whether it is recurring or not including with all the respective project details.
Notes related to the Project such as priority requirements, number of tasks are entered here.
To duplicate a project, click on the Duplicate button and a new project will be generated similar to the original project named Project name (Copied).